I can’t let this review go without saying something about the Avatar bluray (that’s what we used to test it). I’ve seen that movie about 15 times, 7 of them in Imax. Well, when Jake came up out of the river by the waterfall, we (wife, son, and I) were pretty sure the living room was going to fill with river water, because the water rushing toward the viewer looked so real; we all just laughed with glee. I’ve been through the entire projector lifecycle (480p, 720p, 1080p), and each time was an exciting revelation. This time was no different.
Of the box. And I’m still tweaking the picture
I got the Peerless mount that I think was a good choice, it fits this projector and is good quality with two nice pitch adjustment knobs. It is white and matches the color of the projector well. Since it is ceiling mounted it is up and out of the way of my dog and one has to be right up close to the screen before one would block the picture at all, standing in between the projector and screen with this set up does not shadow the screen.
This was more than I had hoped for in a projector. It was impressive to see, and has a brilliant image.
I replaced my aging Panny PT AE 900 after the Auto-Iris servo started to chatter and the bulb was about to die. For 2x the price of a repair and new bulb, I bought a new 8350. I am very pleased.
Of the box. And I’m still tweaking the picture
ITProfUSA “ITProfUSA” – See all my reviews
The Epson PowerLite 8350 has a great image quality with cinema size. The smaller the projected image, the higher the quality of the picture, however this difference is only slight and we use the largest size possible for everything we watch. several inputs are available and I have used them all including 2 HDMI, S-Video, Computer, and component connections. There are no speakers in the projector so you have additional wiring for surround sound coming from your video source (DVD or cable box). I still need to install permanent wiring as the room is boobey-trapped with lines everywhere at the moment. Projector box is larger, heavier and gets hotter than I expected but the quality is worth it I believe.
I have been researching projectors for about 3 months now trying to choose the right one and waiting to see what else came out. I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 8350 a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier. I love it, the picture is perfect and I’m using it on a textured wall right now as im too lazy to install my 120″ electric screen. Thanks Epson
This projector offers only normal size 16:9 aspect ratio for HDMI and component inputs. I use the projector for watching TV with ATT, U-verse. The channel I usually watch shows pictures with reduced size. So, I want to zoom the pictures, but this projector does not zoom with HDMI connection. Panasonic projectors and a couple of my LCD TVs can zoom.
I also bought it from Projector people who recommended it. Excellent company and great service.
The Epson PowerLite 8350 has a great image quality with cinema size. The smaller the projected image, the higher the quality of the picture, however this difference is only slight and we use the largest size possible for everything we watch. several inputs are available and I have used them all including 2 HDMI, S-Video, Computer, and component connections. There are no speakers in the projector so you have additional wiring for surround sound coming from your video source (DVD or cable box). I still need to install permanent wiring as the room is boobey-trapped with lines everywhere at the moment. Projector box is larger, heavier and gets hotter than I expected but the quality is worth it I believe.
I got the Peerless mount that I think was a good choice, it fits this projector and is good quality with two nice pitch adjustment knobs. It is white and matches the color of the projector well. Since it is ceiling mounted it is up and out of the way of my dog and one has to be right up close to the screen before one would block the picture at all, standing in between the projector and screen with this set up does not shadow the screen.
You won’t run short if you have several different custom settings for different media situations and/or devices within your theater system. Set up of the projector was fairly easy. (15-30 minutes followed by a few tweaks ongoing over 2-3 movies just after we got it up and running). Try of course to get the projector dead on center for your screen and located in the as-correct-as-possible vertical and horizontal position so the lens is as parallel and centered to the screen as possible. At that point you can adjust the lens shift vertically or horizontally to get the screen image dead center and sized correctly using the manual zoom. Once you have the projector set up for the perfect screen position, you should not have to worry about it again as I’ve found no shift at all out of perfect screen alignment, in anything I’ve watched. The Epson also has a calibration vertical/horizontal bar on-screen display which really makes set-up so easy and allows those of us who are picky (me) about resolving any misalignment or keystone for the projected image.
I have an Epson Movie Mate projector.
Epson Projector Bulbs
www.projectioncentral.com
weeder
Good luck!
Epson Projector Bulbs
Add to Cart
0 comments:
Post a Comment